The Liebert Remote Distribution Cabinet (RDC) extends the functionality of the PDU by packaging 168 poles (four complete 42-pole inline panelboards) in a stand-alone cabinet. Unlike standard Liebert Precision Power Centers (PPCs), the RDC has no internal isolation transformer and requires 4-wire-plus-ground input from a PPC or other transformer. By separating the PPC transformer from the panelboard function, Liebert was able to create an extremely compact package that fits the area of a standard 24” x 24” raised-floor tile. The individual panelboards inside the Liebert Remote Distribution Cabinet can receive power from different sources. This enables the RDC to provide fault-tolerant, fully maintainable dual-bus power to nearby load equipment. A dual-input RDC can be configured with two panelboards on each side sharing common input terminals.
Liebert RDC Features:
- Unobstructed wiring access for ease of installation
- Complete isolation and maintainability
- Optional clear door insert panels enabling visual inspection of the breakers without unlocking the cabinet
- Optional adjustable accent panels to make it easier to compensate for breaker “creep”
- Single, dual or four-input configurations
- Optional current monitoring panel
- Optional input junction box and underfloor conduit box
- UL and CE compliant and labeled
A simplified diagram of how the RDC can be applied with a single AC input per cabinet. Two PDU transformers feed a Static Transfer Switch, which in turn feeds two RDCs.
A diagram showing three RDCs, each receiving feeds from two Static Transfer Switches (STSs). Each STS is fed by two PDU transformers, which in turn are powered by two different UPSs.
Accessibility and Electrical Isolation
Despite the small size, the Liebert RDC has exceptional accessibility. It uses inline 42-pole panelboards (unique in the industry) with wide-open access channels. With six inches of access space, it's easy to add future circuits. The four panelboards are separated into vertical compartments with individual hinged access covers. Any compartment can be serviced or reconfigured without exposing the wiring of the other three panelboards. Another unique feature is the conduit-landing plate in the base of the unit. It features a full 168 holes as standard. In addition, holes in the front row on each side have oversized spacing on center. These can be over-punched from 1/2” to 3/4” without interfering with adjacent holes.
Is the Liebert RDC the best PDU for your power needs?
Our engineers can help you select the best Power Distribution Unit for your power needs.
Click here or Call 1-800-638-2638 for a free data center power project consultation.
Remote Distribution Cabinet
The Liebert RDC offers many benefits:
- Unobstructed wiring access for ease of installation.
- Single, dual or four-input configurations.
- Optional clear door insert panels enabling visual inspection of the breakers without unlocking the cabinet.
- Optional adjustable accent panels to make it easier to compensate for breaker “creep.”
- Factory assembled and tested to ensure reliability and consistent performance.
- Complete isolation and maintainability.
Lowest Total Cost Of Ownership:
- Compact cabinet conserves valuable floor space.
Ideally Suited For:
- Data centers