42U recently released an article on five steps to a more efficient data center. While new super efficient green data centers grab all the headlines, older data centers and server rooms can benefit from efficiency gains too by paying attention to a couple of critical areas.
- Data Center Infrastructure – inspect and replace legacy data center equipment
- Data Center Air Flow – use air flow best practices
- Data Center Temperature – overcooling can be a huge drain on resources
- Planning – examine current and future load needs and cycle equipment accordingly
- PUE / DCiE – set goals and measure success
For more details read: Five Steps To a Greener Data Center