The Rimatrix5 power management and distribution product range is based on implementing plug-and-play expansion, with no need to interrupt current operations.
Rittal Rimatrix5 Data Center Power Management
Interruptions to critical business processes, whether due to hardware faults, production breakdowns, communications failures or insufficient – or even non-existent – protection against voltage fluctuations, can have far reaching consequences. After all, system availability and the reliability of IT infrastructure platforms are decisive factors for the efficiency and productivity of company processes – and thus equally for business success.
Miniaturization and the ever greater performance of the hardware components place new demands on modern power management concepts. Rimatrix5 Power management solution focuses on redundancy, scalability and maximum availability. Together, the solutions help to reduce operating costs and boost the availability of the overall system. It is even possible to retrofit new modules without interrupting operation.
Designed specifically for high-density computing environments, the Rimatrix Modular UPS delivers 12 kW of efficient, reliable power in only 6U of standard rack space, including batteries. Expand capacity by combining 12 kW modules in a building block fashion to deliver 60 kW of redundant backup power from a single rack enclosure.
The standard internal batteries provide needed ride-through power until an auxiliary power source takes over or systems are gracefully shut down. Extend runtime up to 34 minutes at full load (or 76 minutes at half-load) with Extended Battery Modules (EBMs)
- Protects mission-critical applications with innovative backup power technology designed specifically for high-density environments
- Modular, scalable and flexible backup power architecture
- Conserves valuable rack space with 12 kW of power, including battery, in only 6U of rack height
- Accommodates growth with building block upgrades from 12 kW to 60 kW in a single rack
- Best-in-class efficiency reduces energy costs with >97% efficiency, even at loads below 40% capacity
- One-third the heat dissipation of comparable competitive designs
- Powerware Hot Sync paralleling technology and intelligent bypass design delivers highest levels of reliability
- Simplifies installation and maintenance with plug-and-play connections and hot-swappable batteries and electronic modules
- Parallel battery strings increase system reliability by decreasing the chance of battery failure
Single-Phase UPS / Small Capacity Tower UPS
Provides pure sine wave output during battery operation. It corrects incoming voltage fluctuations so that they do not affect the performance of the connected equipment.
- Native USB and serial communications ports
- Advanced Battery Management (ABM) technology doubles battery service life
- Pure sine wave output delivers smooth, continuous power
- Buck and Boost voltage regulation corrects incoming voltage fluctuations
- Enhanced battery recharge time quickly prepares UPS for the next power outage
- Network Transient Protector isolates equipment from “back door” power surges traveling through network and phone lines
- Hot-swappable batteries simplified service and extend service life of UPS
- Included power management software ensures data integrity
Resolves the five primary problems within coming utility power – outages, sags, surges, brownouts and over-voltage conditions – and supplies clean, conditioned power to all connected equipment.
- Provides more real wattage in less space with a 0.9 power factor – protecting more equipment and leaving more room for expansion
- Two-in-one form factor (1000-3000 VA) and rackmount (6000 VA) products
- Offers the choice of rackmount and tower installation – space saving 2U packaging for 1000-3000 VA, 3U for 6000 VA models – including batteries
- Increases battery life through micro-processorcontrolled Advanced Battery Management (ABM) technology
- Enables prioritized shutdown of non-essential equipment during outages to maximize backup time for critical devices
- Increases uptime with hot swappable batteries and electronics, without interrupting power to connected systems (6000 VA models)
- Complete suite of power management software
Double Conversion UPS
This UPS is constantly conditioning and controlling AC output during normal operating conditions. Unlike other commercially available technologies, a double-conversion online design assures that in the event of a utility power failure, there is zero delay transferring to backup power.
- Protects mission-critical applications from downtime, data loss and corruption, and process interruption by providing continuous, clean power
- Secures connected equipment from damage or degradation caused by power anomalies
- Increases battery life through Advanced Battery Management (ABM) technology, resulting in more uptime and fewer battery replacements
- Offers Load Segments (on 700-3000 VA units) that enable shutdown of non-essential equipment during power outages to extend backup power time for critical systems
- Delivers deployment flexibility while conserving valuable rack space, by offering rackmount or tower installation choices
- Ensures data and system integrity with a complete power management software suite • Provides a two-year limited warranty and the industry’s most extensive investment protection
Double Conversion UPS
Power Distribution Units (PDU)
Blade servers and high density computing power requirements continue to increase, creating heat expansion and more challenges for managing the IT environment. To maintain competitive advantage, data center managers need SNMP-based solutions that monitor, track and manage servers, IT equipment and the equipment cabinet infrastructure that houses them.
Provide reliable power distribution for all the devices in your equipment cabinet, from 5,000 to 20,000 Watts. Metered units are available in 20 or 30 Amps, 120 Volts or 208/240 Volts single-phase, and 208 Volts three-phase. Local input current monitoring allows the installation engineer to verity the combined load on the circuit or phase.
Provide reliable power distribution combined with remote power and environmental monitoring Use the network interface to view power, temperature and humidity levels via a Web browser, or receive SNMP-based alarms when conditions exceed defined thresholds.
Switched PDU products are Flagship PDUs with remote monitoring and management, including reboot commands for connected servers and network equipment. These PDUs provide complete lights-out management of a data center and remote branch office. Switched PDUs combine remote configuration and management with power distribution, power and environmental monitoring. Features of the switched PDUs include the ability to reboot a single or dual-power server with one command, receive SNMP alerts when power or environmental conditions exceed thresholds, and assign users specific access rights to designated outlets or groups. Only the Switched PDU products provide the flexibility needed for all data centers and remote sites, including power requirements for high-amperage, high-voltage; branch circuit protection; SSL & SSH security; and SNMP-based input current monitoring.
Provide reliable power distribution for equipment racks and other data center applications. They offer different input and output connections to distribute 110 V, 208 V, or 230 V power and a 20 or 30-Amp power input feed. Criteria for Branch Circuit Protection is met by the use of UL-listed fuses, with 30 Amp models featuring a combination of white and black outlets to easily distinguish between each branch circuit.