APC Metered Rack Power Distribution Units (PDUs) provide active metering to enable energy optimization and circuit protection. User-defined alarm thresholds mitigate risk with real-time local and remote alerts to warn of potential circuit overloads. Metered Rack PDUs provide power utilization data to allow Data Center Managers to make informed decisions on load balancing and right sizing IT environments to lower total cost of ownership. Users can access and configure Metered Rack PDUs through secure Web, SNMP, or Telnet Interfaces which are complimented by APC Centralized Management platforms using StruxureWare Data Center Expert, Operations, Capacity, and Energy Efficiency. New AP8000 series Metered Rack PDUs include real power monitoring, a temperature and humidity sensor port, locking IEC receptacles, and ultra low profile circuit breakers.
APC Metered Rack PDU Features:
APC Metered PDU w/ Display
- Remote Management Capabilities– Full-featured network management interfaces that provide standards-based management via Web, SNMP, and Telnet. Allows users to access, configure, and manage units from remote locations to save valuable time. Associated with this feature is the ability to quickly and easily upgrade the firmware via network download to installed units for future product enhancements. (Note: Only applicable for units categorized as Networked).
- Local Current Monitoring Display– The aggregate current draw per power distribution unit is displayed on the unit via a digital display. The local digital display helps installers avoid overloaded circuits by providing a visible warning when the current draw is close to the maximum amperage draw of the strip.
- Alarm Thresholds– Define alarm thresholds in order to avoid overloaded circuits. Network and visual alarms inform the user of possible problems. (Note: Only available on units with the current monitoring capabilities. Please see SKU specifications for availability)
- Load indicator LED– Indicates overload and warning conditions based on the user-defined alarm thresholds. Alerts users of potential overloaded circuits.
- Integrates with InfraStruXure Central– An IT-ready, scalable monitoring system that collects, organizes, and distributes critical alerts, surveillance video and key information, providing a unified view of complex physical infrastructure environments from anywhere on the network
- Flash Upgradeable– Quickly and easily upgrade firmware via network download for future product enhancements. Eliminates the need to replace products already installed in the field when new features are released. (Note: Networked units only)
- Rack-Mountable– Puts power where it is needed most – in the racks near the equipment.
- Vertical Mounting Capabilities- Easily mounts vertically in racks or enclosures and occupies Zero U of valuable rack space. Units that mount vertically are optimized to fit in NetShelter SX enclosures.
APC Metered PDU Installation Example
- Toolless Mounting Capabilities– Units do not require additional tools to mount into APC NetShelter SX, which allows users to quickly and easily mount units in the rear of the enclosure.
- Single input power source– Supply power from one branch whip to multiple pieces of equipment, conveniently powering rack-mount equipment. Saves time and money during installation by using one branch whip and standard connections.
- Wide range of input and output connections– Product family includes a variety of input and output connections to distribute 120V, 208V, or 230V power to multiple outlets. Having a variety of inputs and outputs allow users to adapt to varying power requirements. APC offers units that bring up to 14.4kW using a single branch whip.
- Alarm Thresholds
- Local and Web-Based Monitoring
- Local Current Monitoring Display