The IPTV decoder’s function is to receive the content and decode it into a format that your digital devices can play. IPTV decoders prevent piracy and unapproved access to content. Since the video content is encoded, viewers need to have a compatible decoder to decode the content and watch it using their computer or television. The most prevalent type of decoder is a “set-top box” — a small device that connects to your display and decodes the video content. Like most IPTV devices, set-top boxes can range from inexpensive consumer units to high-end decoders for enterprises.
- Reduced costs. Niagara has various hardware and software products that are cost-competitive in the industry. Solutions are available that scale from small to large.
- Easy to extend. IPTV access can be extended to users wherever there is a network connection, so extending the IPTV system throughout an organization is easier and more cost-effective. What’s more, recent developments allow it to extend over the Internet to keep everyone connected no matter where they are.
- Lower bandwidth usage. Multicast IPTV significantly reduces bandwidth usage by streaming each channel one time, instead of using multiple data streams for each end-user.
- Heightened security and access control. Allow for control of content by the user and secondary encryption can also be added.
- Reduced maintenance and oversight. More efficient organization and planning. Without the need for large-scale network maintenance and oversight, your IT and management resources can be put to better use.
- Different models are made for compatibility with: MAG24, Android IMS STB, Amino Amigo, Android 4K STB.
IPTV Decoder Features
- Over-The-Air Channels: OTA channels in most countries are unencrypted and available without a subscription, including content such as PBS and local TV channels. The bandwidth of your network and Internet access ultimately determines the number of channels that can be viewed.
- Cable Channels: Most Cable channels are encrypted and usually require a subscription to decrypt the channels and make them accessible. This can be done in an economical fashion with products from Niagara. Pay-TV channels originating from cable tv sources. These can be legally decrypted using a special process from Cable Labs which we have the authority to do.
- Satellite Channels: Satellite content comes from a provider like DISH or DirecTV in the US. This content is decoded by a Set Top Box typically and then re-encoded with a multi-channel encoder.
IPTV Decoder Applications
- TV Broadcasters
- TV Distribution over a LAN
- Off-air or Head-end Monitoring
- Digital Signage
Signal management is a critical element of effective workflow communication.
There’s a reason we’re the #1 choice of so many IT professionals.
Contact us and experience why.
Questions? Call us.
We’re here to assist you with optimizing your power backup, distribution, and measurement for a more efficient server room.
One of our data center solutions specialists will work together with you to find the optimal solution for your system.