Historically, Data Center managers didn’t invest much thought in their deployment of server racks beyond basic functionality, air flow, and the initial cost of the rack itself. Today, the widespread deployment of high-density configurations is causing major hot spot concerns and capacity issues. These factors, along with the high cost of power, require a sound understanding of how your server rack deployment plan relates to your overall efficiency strategy.
- Know Your Server Rack Cooling Strategy
- Consider The Latest Power Technologies
- Select The Right Rack Size
- Plan Your Physical Security
- Tailor Your Rack Design To Your Needs