Centralized & Remote Data Center Management Solutions
With ever-increasing data center size and complexity, data center managers and IT professionals require remote management solutions that enable them to quickly and effectively access servers, networking devices, and other mission-critical equipment. A complete management solution integrates KVM-over-IP technology, serial console management, and service processor management to provide console level access for true “lights out” operations.
The Benefits of Centralized Data Center Management
- Manage and troubleshoot servers, serial devices, storage, and other equipment locally or remotely, through a single administrative interface
- Reduce system and network downtime by enabling immediate access to failed resources and provide efficient management and maintenance processes using fewer IT resources
- Enhance system security by leveraging existing authentication schema such as LDAP, Active Directory, RADIUS, TACACS+, etc.
- Provide visibility to daily operations and occurrences through comprehensive audit logging and reporting tools
- Improve physical site security by allowing IT staff to work remotely without access to the data center
Enterprise-Level Device Management
Comprehensive server management solutions allow administrators to manage servers, storage devices, and networking equipment at any location, 24-hours-a-day. These solutions provide BIOS-level access to mission-critical systems.
Administrators can view, access, and manage enterprise-wide assets and user access, employing their existing authentication schema, all through a single administrative interface.
Integrated Service Processor Management
Centralized management platforms simplify data center management by aggregating access to servers, serial-based devices, storage, and power distribution products with embedded onboard technologies such as iLO, DRAC, IPMI, ALOM, etc.
A single interface for device management across your enterprise gives you the ability to respond more quickly to critical outages and provides a broader view of the overall health of your IT infrastructure. Centralized data center management software and hardware allow you to easily access and control servers throughout your facility as well as equipment located at remote sites.
Appliances like Raritan’s CommandCenter Secure Gateway and software solutions like Avocent’s DSView, simplify remote server management by providing a single pane-of-glass to securely access and control IT assets from anywhere in the world. These products combine multiple access technologies including KVM-over-IP, service processors, RDP, and VNC into one port of entry to increase efficiency, improve security, and simplify remote management.