Close-coupled, chilled water cooling for medium to large data centers (up to 30kW)
The APC InfraStruXure InRow RC is a computer room air conditioning system designed for installation in the row to maximize sensible cooling and increase efficiency. The unit captures heat directly from the hot aisle and distributes cool air ensuring that equipment temperatures are constantly held to setpoint conditions. The energy-efficient design lowers total cost of ownership by monitoring IT equipment inlet temperatures to modulate capacity based on the demand for cooling. Fan speed is controlled based on the demand to reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods. Heat rejection for the unit can be handled through an existing chilled water system or an APC-supplied chiller. The modular, scalable solution improves agility by enabling you to add cooling as demand increases, making the InRow RC ideal for small to large datacenters.
APC RC Features:
- Draws power from UPS for power protection with dual feeds for redundancy
- Hot swappable fans allow unit to remain operational if a fan replacement is required
- Modular design provides scalable solutions to add cooling as demand increases
- Variable speed fans reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods
- Rack inlet control guarantees inlet temperature to IT equipment
A look inside the APC RC
Room Air Distribution
Row-based systems are placed in line with rack enclosures. At least one system is used per hot aisle. Air is drawn in through the rear of the system, cooled, and discharged into the cold aisle. The InRow RC delivers high volumes of airflow to eliminate hot spots in densely populated environments.
Variable speed fans
Each unit is equipped with variable speed fans. In order to provide uniform airflow over the cooling coil, the fans provide a draw-through air pattern. Fans are easily replaceable while the unit is in operation.
The microprocessor controller is standard on each system. The controller provides precision control for the demanding requirements of the following environments:
- Data centers
- Control rooms
- Clean rooms
- Switch rooms
- UPS rooms
The easy-to-use display interface allows the operator to select options from the device's menu-driven interface to control and monitor the connected air conditioning system.
Is the APC RC the best high density solution for your cooling needs?
Our engineers can help you select the best high density solution for your cooling needs.
Click here or Call 1-800-638-2638 for a free high density project consultation.
High Density Cooling System
The APC RC offers many benefits:Availability:
Total Cost of Ownership:
- Predictable cooling- Placing the unit in the row of racks moves the source of cooling closer to the heat load. This eliminates air mixing and provides a predictable cooling architecture.
- Dual A-B Power Inputs- Draws power from the UPS for power protection with dual feeds for redundancy.
- Rack inlet control- Rack inlet control guarantees inlet temperature to IT equipment.
- Top and bottom chilled water connections- Allows chilled water to be connected from the top, if routing from overhead, or bottom, if on a raised floor.
- Active response controls- Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. Through the microprocessor controller, visibility into the operation and health of the unit is provided.
- Variable speed fans- Variable speed fans reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods.
- Row-based architecture- Captures hot exhaust air directly from the IT equipment, thereby increasing the unit's sensible cooling capacity over traditional cooling architectures.
- Modular design- Modular design provides scalable solutions to add cooling as demand increases.
- Scaleable densities- Allows for higher cooling to be achieved by integrating the Hot Aisle Containment System with row-based architecture.
- Casters- Provides flexibility to move the unit to wherever cooling is required.
- Easy service access- In-row equipment allows for all serviceable components to be replaced/maintained in the hot or cold aisle.
- Real-Time Capacity Monitoring- Real-time display of current and available cooling.
- Microprocessor controller- Provides proactive control and real-time monitoring via a four line, eighty character, alphanumeric display.
- Building Management System Integration- Send alarms and data points allowing you to manage critical building infrastructure from a single system.